Time really does fly by but I think it is always important to take time to reflect on lessons learned. Reflection reduces your chances of making the same mistakes over and over again. So here are the lessons I’ve learned so far in my relatively young life:
- Sometimes you have to be selfish. Before you have kids, you are the most important thing in your life. So slow down and take time to smell the roses.
- Most things that you go through in life are temporary so don’t be alarmed by the ebb and flow of life.
- This one is a typical African parent proverb but I found it to be true: the roots of education are bitter but the fruits are sweet. And again school is a temporary thing so just do your best and get that diploma and/or degree.
- Friendships and relationships go two ways so will probably grow apart with many people but there is no need to beat yourself up about it.
- As much as we all have people that we look up to, we should always keep in mind that humans are inherently flawed. No one is perfect, including yourself, so don’t be so hard on others ( this life thing doesn’t come with a manual).
I hope you enjoyed these lessons that I have learned in my life so far, I will definitely update them as I get more life experience. 🙂 ❤