1. “Can miles truly separate you from friends…If you want to be with someone you love, aren’t you already there?”-Richard Bach
This quote connects with me a lot because I have a lot of friendships with people far away from where I live.
2. “The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear”
I think this is a variation of the quote that there’s nothing to fear but fear itself. I like the Nelson Mandela quote better because it acknowledges that it is okay to be afraid but you must have the courage to overcome that fear so that you can go after what you want.
3. “ I get more lucky when i work harder”- Dad
I am not sure who said this one first but I can remember my dad always saying this quote. Success is probably 1% luck and 99% hard work so the harder you work the more likely that luck will work in your favor.
4. “smile and wave”-dad & penguins of madagascar
The penguins of Madagascar definitely said this first but it’s another quote my dad loves to use. The basic meaning of “smile and wave” is to ignore your haters, focus on yourself, and keep doing what makes you happy.
5. “if wishes were horses, even beggars would ride”-brother
I am not sure who the original creator of this quote but I heard it first from my older brother. Anytime, I would say “I wish” he would stop me by saying this quote. The basic meaning of this quote is that if everyone could have their own way even beggars would not have to beg. So if you want something, wishing will not help the situation unless you put some action towards what you want.